Thursday, August 10, 2017


“I know I filed it, but the IRS tells me they never received it.”

Tax returns – lost. Collection appeals – misplaced. Innocent spouse claims – never processed.

The reality is that the IRS does lose incoming mail. It is the exception, not the rule, but it happens.

ADVANCE TAX RELIEF LLC – Serving All 50 States
**Over 5 Million in Tax Debt and Penalties Forgiven for our clients

And when it happens, it can be difficult to convince the IRS they are at fault without compelling evidence of filing.

The very best, indisputable way to file with the IRS:

Hand-file it. Take your return, or your appeal or request, and drive it over to an IRS walk-in center. Bring a copy with you. When you file the original, ask the IRS to date stamp the copy as received.

I almost always recommend this for a series of un-filed returns. Avoid mailing all the returns in the same envelope. Putting each one in a separate envelope can result in 4 out of 5 being processed. You need 5 out of 5.

Lately, We have been hand-filing collection due process appeals by hand as well. We have been challenged on more than one occasion by an IRS Revenue Officer or Appeals Officer as to the timeliness of an appeal. Undisputed proof – a copy with an IRS date stamp – puts an end to these issues.

If you file with a post office proof of mailing certificate, be prepared: On occasion, the IRS may question what was in the envelope. Sometimes, I have seen the IRS take the unreasonable position that your mailing reciept only proves you mailed something to the IRS, not what you mailed.

When it is your word against the IRS records, you lose. If it is important, hand-file it.


If all of this seems too overwhelming, then hire a team of professionals to take care of this responsibility for you. Call Advance Tax Relief for a free consultation at 800-790-8574.

We are tax relief experts specializing in IRS back tax help, Installment Agreements, tax lien help, wage garnishment release, IRS Offer in Compromises, tax debt forgiveness and a whole lot more. Get a free consultation from an experienced tax relief expert today (800)790-8574

Some Recent Tax Settlements:
Mr. Dillard - CA Owed $6884, IRS settled for $400
Mr. Batiste - LA Owed $18513, IRS settled for $2972
Mr. Johnson - CA Owed $21,378, IRS settled for $4500
Ms. Gonzalez - TX Owed $28,816, IRS settled for $1700
Mr. Anthony - NY Owed $14,000, IRS settled for $900
Mr. Wilkes - CA Owed 32,211, IRS settled for $1250

Owe the IRS and need help? Call us to discuss your unique situation with Top Tax Attorney or IRS Enrolled Agent (800)790-8574 or visit

Connect with us:






No comments:

Post a Comment