Sunday, August 13, 2017


If the IRS levies (seizes) your wages, part of your wages will be sent to the IRS each pay period until: 

  • You make other arrangements to pay your overdue taxes, 

  • The amount of overdue taxes you owe is paid, or 

  • The levy is released. 

Part of your wages may be exempt from the levy and the exempt amount will be paid to you. The exempt amount is based on the standard deduction and the number of personal exemptions you are allowed. The IRS mails Publication 1494 (PDF) with the levy which explains to your employer how to determine the amount exempt from levy.  

To release an IRS wage garnishment on taxes owed, file back and past due tax returns or settle your tax debt, call us today at 1-800-790-8574. 

ADVANCE TAX RELIEF LLC – Serving All 50 States  BBB A+ RATED  **Over 5 Million in Tax Debt and Penalties Forgiven for our clients 

Your employer will provide you with a Statement of Exemptions and Filing Status to complete and return within three days. If you do not return the statement in three days, your exempt amount is figured as if you are married filing separately with one exemption. If you have other income sources, the IRS may allocate the exemptions to the other income source and levy on 100% of the income from a particular employer. 

I am scheduled to receive a bonus separately from my paycheck. Is the bonus payment entitled to the same exemptions as the regular wage payment? Or, does the entire bonus get sent to the IRS because the exempt amount was already paid to me for that pay period? 

The IRS would receive the entire bonus since the exempt amount is based on the time-period that your wages and bonus are paid. For wage levy purposes, the term salary or wages includes compensation for services paid in the form of fees, commissions, bonuses and similar items. 

I pay child support directly to my ex-spouse and not through my employer. How can I get this amount exempted from the levy so I can continue to make the payments? 

If your employer did not include child support in your exempt amount, you should contact the IRS at the phone number listed on the Form 668-W(c)(DO) & Form 668-W(ICS). The IRS will release from levy the amount you need to pay court ordered child support that the court ordered before the levy was received by your employer. If support is allowed, the same child cannot be claimed as an exemption for figuring the exempt amount. 

HIRE HELP TODAY!  If all of this seems too overwhelming, then hire a team of professionals to take care of this responsibility for you. Call Advance Tax Relief for a free consultation at 800-790-8574. 

We are tax relief experts specializing in IRS back tax help, Installment Agreements, tax lien help, wage garnishment release, IRS Offer in Compromises, tax debt forgiveness and a whole lot more. Get a free consultation from an experienced tax relief expert today (800)790-8574 

Some Recent Tax Settlements:  Mr. Dillard - CA Owed $6884, IRS settled for $400  Mr. Batiste - LA Owed $18513, IRS settled for $2972  Mr. Johnson - CA Owed $21,378, IRS settled for $4500  Ms. Gonzalez - TX Owed $28,816, IRS settled for $1700  Mr. Anthony - NY Owed $14,000, IRS settled for $900  Mr. Wilkes - CA Owed 32,211, IRS settled for $1250 

Owe the IRS and need help? Call us to discuss your unique situation with Top Tax Attorney or IRS Enrolled Agent (800)790-8574 or visit 

Connect with us: 

#Tax Attorneys Near Me  #IRS Fresh Start Initiative  #I Owe Money to the IRS  #Payment Plan with IRS.  #Taxes Owed  #Federal Tax Lien  #Tax Attorney  #Tax Resolution Services Company  #Tax Preparation 

No comments:

Post a Comment