Tuesday, November 27, 2018


IRS small business back tax bills, at a glance:

If you can’t pay your business taxes, the most important thing you can do to avoid enforced collection is get into an agreement with the IRS.
The IRS offers several options, including extensions to pay and payment plans.


BBB A+ Rated
Call (713)300-3965 - Free Consultation

***We have successfully resolved millions in back taxes for our clients

Businesses that are in financial hardship should consider special IRS programs that offer deferred payment and settlement.
You can get expert help resolving the issue when you owe business taxes and can’t pay.

What you need to know when you can’t pay your taxes
If you file your business tax return and can’t pay (or if your business still owes taxes from a past return), you have several options.

Depending on your circumstances, the IRS offers payment options ranging from short extensions for businesses that just need a little more time to pay, to special agreements for businesses in financial hardship situations.

A tax professional can help you evaluate which option will work best for your business, and your tax pro can even help work with the IRS to set up the agreement.

One option that is not a good idea is to ignore the issue. If you don’t make any arrangements with the IRS, the IRS can eventually force you to pay. The IRS can file a lien that would harm your credit, and the IRS can levy your bank accounts and income sources, such as payments from customers.

How to address business taxes you can’t pay
1. Confirm that you’re in filing and payment compliance.
Before you can get in any payment agreement with the IRS, you must file all the business’s required tax returns. You’re also required to make enough tax payments on the current year so that you won’t file and owe in the future. If your issue is unpaid employment taxes, you’ll need to be current with your federal tax deposits.
If you’re unsure whether you’ve filed all your required business returns, call the IRS to research your account.
2. Make sure you actually owe the amount of back taxes the IRS says you do.
Review your business’s tax returns for the year(s) you owe and the prior three years to see whether the tax balance is correct. If you don’t think the amount is correct, you may want to amend your return(s).
You may also look at any penalties to see whether you can reduce or remove them through penalty abatement.
3. Evaluate the options – and choose the best one for your circumstances.
Consider your facts, including:
How much the business can pay with existing assets or in monthly payments
The impact of any potential tax lien
The impact of any additional penalties and interest
Based on your facts, choose the best payment arrangement for you. IRS options include:
A short-term extension of time to pay
One of several types of monthly payment plans (called installment agreements), with different terms and conditions
A temporary reprieve based on your documented financial hardship situation (called currently not collectible status)
The offer in compromise, an IRS option for qualifying taxpayers in highly specific financial circumstances to pay less than the full amount they owe to settle the tax debt
Gather the personal and financial information necessary to request your option from the IRS.
4. Obtain an agreement with the IRS.
Contact the correct IRS function before any deadlines to request the payment arrangement you’ve chosen. Provide the IRS with the necessary information to complete the agreement.
It may take time for the IRS to set up your agreement or consider your option, especially if your business:
Owes more than $50,000
Is requesting currently not collectible status
Is requesting an installment agreement that will not pay the entire balance within six years
Is requesting an offer in compromise
You may have to appeal an IRS decision if the IRS denies you an option that you are entitled to, based on your facts.

If you think that you may need help filing your 2017 tax return and past due tax returns, you may want to partner with a reputable tax relief company who can help you get the max refund and reduce your chances for an IRS AUDIT.

Advance Tax Relief is headquartered in Houston, TX with a branch office in Los Angeles, CA. We help many individuals just like you solve a wide variety of IRS and State tax issues, including penalty waivers, wage garnishments, bank levy, tax audit representation, back tax return preparation, small business form 941 tax issues, the IRS Fresh Start Initiative, Offer In Compromise and much more. Our Top Tax Attorneys, Accountants and Tax Experts are standing by ready to help you resolve or settle your IRS back tax problems.

Advance Tax Relief is rated one of the best tax relief companies nationwide.

Call our team today at 800-790-8574 for more information. For a free consultation, schedule an appointment with us online. Feel free to also learn about us and contact us via www.advancetaxrelief.com.

However, it doesn’t matter where you live, we service taxpayers nationwide. We have settled millions in back tax penalties and interest for our clients nationwide.

Advance Tax Relief is a Professional Tax Relief Organization

No comments:

Post a Comment