Tuesday, February 20, 2018


When it comes to deducting expenses for small business owners who work from home, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has two methods for Home Office Deduction: regular and simplified.

BBB A+ Rated
Call (800)790-8574

According to the regular method, you would have to calculate the usage of your home for business as well as personal obligations. The IRS states that “Direct business expenses are fully deductible and the percentage of the home floor space used for business is assignable to indirect total expenses.”

Self-employed taxpayers must file Form 1040, Schedule C, Profit or Loss From Business (Sole Proprietorship), and compute this deduction on Form 8829, Expenses for Business Use of Your Home.

If you’re looking to reduce the paperwork and burden of keeping records, the simplified method is your ideal option. The IRS allows a prescribed rate of $5 a square foot for business use of the home with a maximum allowable deduction available based on up to 300 square feet.

This would require taxpayers to complete a worksheet in which the results would then be included on the tax return.

The necessary forms within the simplified method are below:

Self-employed individuals can claim the home office deduction on Form 1040, Schedule C , Line 30.
Farmers claim it on Schedule F, Line 32.
Eligible employees claim it on Schedule A, Line 21.
Research shows that in the past, approximately 26 million Americans have home offices, but only 3.4 million taxpayers claim home-office deductions. While the area you are claiming must be used exclusively and regularly for conducting business, it can be worth the extra effort in figuring out exact costs.

Don’t miss this deduction opportunity in fear of facing a tax audit. After all, Advance Tax Relief is here to help! Call us today to determine whether or not you qualify for the Home Office Deduction.
Call us now at 800-790-8574 or email taxpros@advancetaxrelief.com

Calls and emails are returned during our regular business hours 8:30am - 5:00 pm.
So, if you have IRS Problems, Owe Taxes, have Past Due UnFiled Tax Returns – Take action today! You should work with a local tax relief firm. Call Advance Tax Relief (800) 790-8574


If you think that you may need help filing your 2017 tax return and past due tax returns, you may want to partner with a reputable tax relief company who can help you get the max refund.

Advance Tax Relief has a offices in Houston, TX and Los Angeles, CA and helps many individuals just like you work with the IRS to solve a wide variety of issues, including penalty waivers.

Call our team today at 800-790-8574 for more information. For a free consultation, schedule an appointment with us online.

Feel free to also learn about us and contact us via www.advancetaxrelief.com.

However, it doesn’t matter where you live, we service taxpayers nationwide.
Over $50 million has been settled for our clients nationwide.

Advance Tax Relief is a Professional Tax Relief Organization

No comments:

Post a Comment